Aftershokz Titanium Review –
- 1 Aftershokz Titanium Review –
- 2 Open Ear Wireless Bone Conduction Headphones
- 2.1 AfterShokz Titanium Review – Design
- 2.2 AfterShokz Titanium Review – Bone Conduction and Sound Quality
- 2.3 AfterShokz Titanium – Battery Life
- 2.4 Aftershokz Titanium Main Highlight
- 2.5 Aftershokz Titanium Our Summary
- 2.6 Where to buy AfterShokZ Titanium
- 2.7 Headphones price range
Open Ear Wireless Bone Conduction Headphones
Music is about immersion. However, this doesn’t mean totally cutting off the sound from the world outside. This doesn’t seem so with AfterShokz Titanium, that’s why its athlete focused titanium sports headsets do the opposite.
The primary thing to experience if you put a headset outside your ear is the bass. To address this issue, Aftershokz utilizes a bone conduction system, fundamentally delivering the vibration from low-frequency audio into the cheekbones of the wearer on their way to the inner ear’s cochlea, finding a way around the ear drums. Selling at a fraction of cost, AfterShokz Titanium is one of the best bone conduction headphones available today.
AfterShokz Titanium Review – Design
What makes this bone conduction headphone apart from the rest is its impressive design. With dual bone conduction transducers that sits to the sides of your ear instead of going into your ear canal. The design of this headphone is very identical to ear cup headsets, except that these do not have covering or foam to keep out ambient sound. On the side of the speaker is a pause button that proved really valuable.
AfterShokz Titanium Review – Bone Conduction and Sound Quality
It is really a strange experience for those who try bone conduction headsets for the very first time. With the volume turned on, the sensations of vibration against the sides of the head are relatively pronounced. In fact, a lot of people who tried this headset there is only one thing they can say when it comes to sound, “exceptional”.
For first timers, sooner or later you will become familiar with this head. It is less pronounced especially at lower volume. Having the sound generated inside the skull can feel a bit strange. There is a feeling of a soundstage that you are perhaps not familiar with, and the odd feeling that you cannot fairly place where the sound is coming from. Sooner or later, you become accustomed to it.
With the ears exposed, you will need to compete with some wind sound when running or cycling, however this sound is never distracting. The generated sound can be thin in treble, with loose bass as well as lacking drive or real energy. These are not headsets you will want to use for daily listening.
However, when it comes to listening during running or cycling commute, tuning is understandable as the bright treble will be heard easily over traffic. It has secondary EQ mode which is accessible through holding both the buttons of the volume which minimizes vibration and bas further. As a matter of fact, this bone conduction headphone really excels at podcasts and audio books.
AfterShokz Titanium – Battery Life
When buying any type of headsets, one of the most essential things to consider is the battery life. With regards to Aftershokz Titanium headphones, you can listen to your favorite music for as long as six hours of constant listening that is reasonable. There are a number of bone conduction headphones available that last seven to eight hours, however they are heavier and unwieldy so as to accommodate a larger battery. Six hours of battery life is a good trade off. There is a ten days standby time as well. Charging over USB takes only one and a half hour compared to other headphones that last 3 to 4 hours of charging.
Aftershokz Titanium Main Highlight
Aftershokz Titanium headphones are one of the best bone conduction headsets available today due to its amazing features which highlight below:
- It has bone conduction system that produces mini-vibrations, sending audio through your cheekbones, straight to your inner ears, for comfort and awareness.
- Wireless Bluetooth connectivity
- The frame is made of Titanium materials that offer flexibility as well as durability
- Six hours of calls and music with comprehensive inline controls
- A PremiumPitch+ feature offers dynamic audio and really powerful bass.
Aftershokz Titanium Our Summary
There are many good things about Aftershokz Titanium headphone such as:
- Intuitive controls
- Slick design
- Superb for workouts and allows you hear your surroundings
- Conveniently place key on one side of the headset for answering calls
- Provide lots of fun, you can wear this headset when running, biking walking or any activity that needs paying attention to the surroundings.
- Provide superb sound
- Comfortable after adjustment period
- Easy to set up
- Easy to use
- Quality of sound is not the best
- Audibility poor on a busy road or at speed
- Don’t work well with glasses and helmets
- Instant pairing not helpful
- Not the most comfortable bone conduction headphones available
In general, AfterShokz Titanium headphone is fun and comfortable to use, around your office and while doing any activity. This is great, allowing you to listen to stuff when you want to, while also hearing the conversation from friends. The best feature of this headset is that it does not feel like you are wearing headphone at all. But, if you need to venture outside or if things get loud, this headset suffers from too many vibrations and short of volume.
Where to buy AfterShokZ Titanium
Headphones price range
- << Best Headphones under 100
- << Best Headphones under 200
- << Best Headphones under 300
- << Best Headphones under 500
- << Best Headphones under 2000
- << Best Headphones under 3000