Sennheiser RS120 On-Ear Wireless Headphones
- 1 Sennheiser RS120 On-Ear Wireless Headphones
- 1.1 Senheiser RS120 – Features
- 1.2 Pros of Sennheiser RS120 On-Ear Wireless RF Headphones
- 1.3 Cons of Sennheiser RS120 On-Ear Wireless RF Headphones
- 1.4 Sennheiser RS120 On-Ear Wireless Headphones – Conclusion
- 1.5 Where to buy Sennheiser RS120 On-Ear Wireless RF Headphones
- 1.6 Headphones price range
The Sennheiser RS120 is a pair of RF wireless headphones that rest comfortably on the ears. The earpads are positioned nicely to keep you comfortable throughout your listening sessions. It allows you to enjoy your favorite songs without the cables associated with its wired counterpart. A transmitter base transmits sound to the headphone when it is connected to a sound system, computer or other analog audio sources. The sound quality is balanced with excellent bass response and clarity. Aside from being lightweight, the Sennheiser RS120 also features a padded headband ideal for long TV watching or listening sessions. Read this Sennheiser RS120 review and learn everything you need to know about this headphone.
Senheiser RS120 – Features
- Open-Aire design provides excellent good audio quality and strong bass, which is ideal for Hi-Fi and TV audio use
- Integrated volume control lets you control volume on your own
- Comes with extra HDR 120 headsets to let several people listen to music at the same time
- Interference-free reception up to 300 feet
- Backed by a two-year international warranty
- Comes with AAA NiMH batteries that provide approximately 20 hrs of operation
- 3 RF channels. Pick a clear channel for excellent reception through the Selector
- Transmitter connects to devices with analog audio output and also acts as a charging unit. The headphones recharge when placed on the metal cradle.
Pros of Sennheiser RS120 On-Ear Wireless RF Headphones
Excellent Sound Quality
The Sennheiser RS120 is wireless, so you don’t need to deal with annoying cables. It draws on Sennheiser’s decades of engineering expertise to guarantee excellent sound quality, durability and reliability. It also comes with a user-friendly recharging system. The Sennheiser RS120 is powered with AAA NiMH batteries that can be recharged by just placing the headphone on the transmitter base. You can mount the transmitter base on a wall or put it near your components. Don’t forget to connect the transmitter to the headphone jack or analog stereo output on your receiver or device.
When the connected audio is running, the headphones automatically activates thanks to the automatic on and off circuit on the transmitter base. The transmitter shuts off automatically 5 minutes after the source of audio is turned off to save battery life and power. The headphones have a range of over 300′, so you can use it anywhere in your house. It has an integrated stereo RCA-plug cable that links the transmission base to the RCA line-out connections of the audio source.
The Sennheiser RS120 has an on/off switch as well as volume and transmission tuning controls. The base station doesn’t have controls. When you place the headphones on the transmitter base, it is automatically charged and a LED light indicates the charging status. The built-in transmitter control allows you to tweak the reception while the volume control lets you raise or lower the volume level.
The Sennheiser RS120 can connect to any device with analog audio output such as tablets, mobile phones, televisions, computers or audio components with an RCA audio output jack or 6.3mm or 3.5mm headphone socket. You can also add extra headphones to the Sennheiser RS120 so that multiple listeners can listen to the same audio at the same time.
The Sennheiser RS120 weighs 8.1 ounces and it remains comfortable even after long hours of listening to your favorite songs. This also means that you will not have any problem bringing the headphones with you anywhere.
Cons of Sennheiser RS120 On-Ear Wireless RF Headphones
The tuning and volume controls are both located on the right earcup, right next to each other. You might hear static when adjusting the volume due to this placement. RF wireless headphones are not compatible with Bluetooth devices, so you can’t expect the Sennheiser RS120 to be able to connect to devices that use Bluetooth technology. Since the headphones are not a closed or sealed-earcup construction, you will most likely hear some background noise like your vacuum cleaner when you are cleaning the house or the honking of your neighbor’s car outside. Other than these downsides, the Sennheiser RS120 is an excellent wireless headphone that offers a comfortable listening experience.
Sennheiser RS120 On-Ear Wireless Headphones – Conclusion
The Sennheiser RS120 is more affordable than Sennheiser’s previous models. You don’t need to worry about the sound quality because the RS120 offers a solid transmission range. It also has three RF channels and you can use the Selector to choose from any of these channels. The headphones come with a cool transmitter base that automatically charges the headphones when placed on the stand.
The headphones are suitable for all kinds of modern TV and music applications. It also receives clear reception through ceilings, outdoors and walls. If you don’t want to be tethered to your computer or receiver, you should definitely give these headphones a try. It also comes with a two-year international warranty, so you don’t have to worry about your investment if you experience problems with the headphones. Buy Sennheiser RS120 and experience the comfort and excellent sound quality of this headphone!
Where to buy Sennheiser RS120 On-Ear Wireless RF Headphones
Headphones price range
- << Best Headphones under 100
- << Best Headphones under 200
- << Best Headphones under 300
- << Best Headphones under 500
- << Best Headphones under 2000
- << Best Headphones under 3000