Teac UD–503 Review – Dual-Monaural USB DAC
- 1 Teac UD–503 Review – Dual-Monaural USB DAC
Looking for a headphone amplifier/USB DAC that is developed and backed by an audio design expertise? If yes, Teac UD-503 is the right option for you to consider. With its dual-monaural structure that is just exactly the same with what is used in UD-501, this is really promising as a USB DAC/Headphone Amplifier. The Teac UD–503 has also been supported by two of the most trusted AK4490 DAC chips. These have so far been classified as the newest models manufactured by the Asahi Kasei Microdevices Corporation. Actually, there are still more features that are included to ensure guaranteed satisfaction of users.
Build Quality and High Performance
Excellently-built to meet even the most meticulous buyers out there, the Teac UD-503 has once been on the list of top choices available. This is because of the fact that its analog output circuits are classified and chosen to be the best. They serve as the keystone for good audio quality. There are also the so-called TEAC-HCLD circuits which have been the output buffer amps.
Prior to operation, it was classified as something of high performance. This is because it is completely-balanced and it simply utilizes parallel-unbalanced and XLR output particularly when using unequal RCA output.
The DAC section, for instance, has simply exceeded the demands and expectations of customers and users. Even its headphone amp is known for its discrete structure. In the front part of the panel, there are 2 TRS phone jacks that promise such a strong driving force.
The Teac UD-503 is an extraordinary product because of its high and precise volume control. This control feature enables two-hundred fifty-six setting steps including a remote control. This newest generation of headphone amplifier/USB DAC is recognized as the premier desktop audio to captivate your attention for its quality built and high performance.
The Sound of Teac UD-503
The Teac UD-503 boasts its sound that is widely known as one of its promising and strong points. With its good and easy listening sound and the vocals sound that are such a lush and rich, the more that you will love and appreciate this headphone amplifier.
Nothing has been mentioned about its low frequency, mid frequency, and high frequency. But, it is great because of the fact that it is ready to greet you with a full-bodied and round sound. Embodying an easy and good listening quality, it can simply be just ready in grabbing your attention.
Such a deep solidity can be heard from the first words uttered by a singer, like Kate Bush. There is simply enough insight to how she communicates the emotional outpouring of the lyrics. Thus, this is something that is not provided by other headphone amplifiers.
Soundstage and Separation
Buy the Teac UD-503 that exudes an even deeper soundstage, tighter bass and darker background. This is even greater than other similar products because it does not bring any form of harshness. This, therefore, makes it an ideal option to consider.
The Teac UD-503 has also been proudly announced to have received the most authoritative standing. That is because it significantly achieved a clearer and better sound quality. And as highly emphasized, it comes with an excellent channel separation that no other products can offer.
When the Teac UD-503 is connected via USB, it is expected that it does not pair well with a computer clock that is noisy and stable. It just mainly supports USB transfer mode and it allows it to be in control of the DSD and PCM signals. It actually pairs up with its clock that is generated by a built-in and precise crystal oscillator.
The pairing or synchronization is also possible because of the ten megahertz external master clock input. By pairing up with a clock that comes with a higher precision, you will be able to enjoy an improvement in audio quality and changes in tone quality. Search for Teac UD-503 for sale and notice just how great it is in a pairing.
Feature and Specifications from Manufacturer
- USB DAC that supports 11.2MHz DSD and 384kHz/32-bit PCM
- Dual-monaural circuit structure used from the power supply to the digital and analog sections
- Both left and right channels have their own high-end AK4490 DACs, which are made by Asahi Kasei Microdevices Corporation
- Two high-capacity toroidal core power transformers—one each for left and right channels
- Isolation circuit that completely separates the digital and analog sections electrically
- 4 TEAC HCLD buffer amplifiers, which are current-enhancing output buffer circuits, are used for the line amplifiers
- Up-conversion to formats up to 12.2MHz DSD and 384kHz/32-bit PCM using an FPGA (programmable IC) that utilizes a fluency function
- Two types of DSD filter and four types of PCM digital filter, as well as an OFF mode
- 10MHz external clock input supported (available during USB asynchronous transmission)
- Two high-precision internal clocks—one each dedicated to 44.1kHz and 48kHz signals (available during USB asynchronous transmission)
- One pair of RCA analog unbalanced inputs
- Volume output can be set to fixed, fixed +6dB or variable for the one pair of XLR analog balanced outputs and one pair of RCA analog unbalanced outputs
- XLR jack polarity can be set (2 HOT or 3 HOT)
- TEAC QVCS high-precision volume circuit
- Large digital volume display with excellent visibility and remote control with one-button operation of various functions
- OELD display shows input signal type and various settings (with 3-level dimmer and off functions)
- Fully-balanced drive headphone amplifier with discrete construction and maximum output of 700 mW + 700 mW
- Headphone amplifier can be switched among 3 drive types: unbalanced, balanced and active ground
- Digital inputs on the back include one USB, one coaxial and one optical
- Combined coaxial mini/optical mini digital input connector on front is convenient for digital input from portable devices
- Low power consumption design and automatic power saving function meet modern expectations
- The full-metal body realizes both vibration control and elegant style in an A4-size body that enables placement on a desktop
- TEAC original design for three-point support using pinpoint feet with attached bases
- Compliant with RoHS
My Conclusion for Teac UD-503
In this Teac UD-503 review, I conclude that the Teac UD-503 is your good choice for a headphone amplifier/USB DAC because of its positive points highlighting great sound, excellent pairing, and affordable Teac UD-503 price. This is a lot better than any other pricier DACs that can be purchased on the market today. Its sonic persona and dynamic space presentation just make it even more deserving of earning an audio network sound award.
The Teac UD-503 is a super DAC that utilizes the latest DAC chips, high and precise volume control and more. This also stands out because of its connectivity features and pairing capability. This is a lot better than any other more expensive DACs to purchase on the market. This is by far the ultimate headphone amplifier/USB DAC that presents all its excellent functions!
Where to buy Teac UD-503
- Get further details of Teac UD 503-Black and check price on Amazon.com
- For more information of Teac UD 503-Silver and check price on Amazon.com
- Teac UD 503 to get more details and check price on eBay.com
Headphones price range
- << Best Headphones under 100
- << Best Headphones under 200
- << Best Headphones under 300
- << Best Headphones under 500
- << Best Headphones under 2000
- << Best Headphones under 3000