- Audio-Technica ATH-M40X Review – Final words
- Who Can Buy Benefits from Audio Technica ATH-M40X?
- Audio-Technica ATH-M40X Review – Product Description
- Compare Audio Technica ATH-M40X to Other Similar Headphones
- Pros & Cons
- Audio Technica ATH-M40x – Final Verdict
- Where to buy Audio Technica ATH-M40x
Audio-Technica ATH-M40X Review – Final words
Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Review: The ATH-M40X is Professional Studio Monitor Headphone and also with Cutting Edge Engineering. Convenient with design to 90 degree swiveling earcups, plus pro-grade earpads and .headband. Besides, they are detachable cables included
accurate sound for professional studio monitor headphones, 90-degree swiveling earcups, detachable cable, design contours around the ear for excellent sound isolation, robust construction, comfortable fit, foldable design
If you’re considering shopping for new headphones, then Audio Technica M40x is a headphone model you may seriously consider opting for most essentially. If you’re keen on getting a model of headphones that can provide you with good value for your hard-earned money. Read this Audio Technica ATH-M40X review to know if this product is perfect for you or not.
Who Can Buy Benefits from Audio Technica ATH-M40X?
This amazing headphone is ideal for editing, gaming, monitoring and mixing music, tracking church broadcasts, EDM, rock and metal, classical, and jazz.
Audio-Technica ATH-M40X Review – Product Description
The Audio Technica ATH-M40X series of headphones from Audio-Technica are turned even for extremely precise audio tracking across a lengthy frequency range.
With these headphones, your studio experience is improved with amazing sound isolation as well as swiveling earcups for expedient one-ear tracking. Made with pro-grade components and vigorous construction, this unit excels in specialized studio tracking, mixing, and DJ monitoring.
The company has to cut corners anywhere for this unit, which includes the variety. The Audio Technica ATH-M50X series is available in various color options, however, with regards to Audio Technica ATH-M40x, there’s just one available. This headphone has a matte black finish with grey-silver highlights for the company’s logo.
Look at the Style of ATH M40x
The state-of-the-art Audio-Technica ATH-M40x headphones have an extremely modest studio style which may seem a bit plain for some. This has an all-black tone theme and the style is extremely the same as the previous model. However, they look amazing yet provide nothing wonderful with the style.
Audio-Technica ATH-M40X Professional Studio Monitor Headphone Review – Comfort
It comes with huge cups that totally encompass your ears and don’t use too much force or pressure on your head. Also, they swivel which makes them so easy and stress-free to adjust. But the cushioning used is rigid and screech when adjusting or moving the headphone on the head.
Stability of Audio Technica ATH M40x
The state-of-the-art Audio Technica M40X headphones are stable on your head. They aren’t made for sport, as there will be a tendency of sliding off the ears when jumping or running. But, for a casual listening session, this will fit in place although you put this on, tilted as well as a bit further back than the usual. It comes with a detachable wire for stability.
Audio Technica ATH-M40x Review – Sound-Quality/Performance
The major difference between the expensive M50x and M40x is the driver dimension. M40x has a 40-mm driver size, which is a bit smaller than the M50x which has a 45-mm driver size. While this does not sound like an essential factor, however, it really affects the sonic signature.
One part where the small drive dimension makes a huge difference is certainly the bass, however that does not signify that M40x bass is very weak, it is strong but not that powerful as the previous model. In general, the bass isn’t an issue with this unit.
Mids is the range of frequency where lots of essential sound elements like vocals, guitars, live, therefore this is vital in studio monitor headphones, and this unit simply gets it right. It has accurate and clear midrange, with superb low-mid depth.
This headphone does a remarkable job of offering crisp and clear highs with amazing detail. You will hear harshness once it’s present in the mix, however, this headphone surely will not add any.
Compare Audio Technica ATH-M40X to Other Similar Headphones
Audio Technica: ATH-M40X Vs ATH-M20X Vs ATH-M30X Vs ATH-M50X Vs ATH-SR30BTGY
Audio Technica ATH-M40X
Specs: dimension: 11.4″ x 10″ x 4.1″, weight: 8.3 ounces, closed-back & dynamic design, magnet neodymium, driver-size: 40mm, frequency response: 15 – 24kHz, impedance: 35 ohms, sensitivity: 90dB, maximum input power: 1,600 mW at 1 kHz
Features: earcups-swiveling: 15° In / 90° Out, detachable cable, collapsible, Voice Coil: CCAW (Copper-clad aluminum wire), professional-grade earpad
Audio-Technica ATH-M20X – Professional Studio Monitor Headphones
Specs: over-ear, dimension: , weight: , driver size: 40mm magnet neodymium, single-side cable exit: 3.0m(9.8′) straight cable for professional application, frequency response: 15 – 20kHz, impedance: 47 ohms, sensitivity: 96dB
Features: application: tracking/mixing, durable design & robust construction, excellent sound isolation, earcup swivel: 15° (both direction)
Specs: over-ear, dimension: 11.4″ x 10″ x 4.1″, weight: 7.8 ounces, driver diameter: 40mm, connectivity: wired, frequency response: 15 – 20 kHz, impedance: 47 ohms, sensitivity: 95.5 dB, maximum input power: 1300 mW, earcup swivel: 15º both directions, cable: 3.0m (9.8″) straight left-side exit
Features: collapsible ear cups, ideal for studio & field recording use, offers excellent sound isolation, application: tracking/mixing
Specs: over-ear, dimension: 11.40″ x 10.00″ x 4.10″, weight: 10 ounces, closed-back dynamic, magnet neodymium, driver diameter: 45mm, frequency response: 15 – 28kHz, impedance: 38-ohms, sensitivity: 99dB, voice coil: copper-clad aluminum wire (CCAW)
Features: great sound isolation, Clear Sound for Studio, Live, DJ & Personal Use, 90° swiveling earcups, collapsible design, cable: detachable 1.2 m – 3.0 m (3.9′ – 9.8′) coiled cable and detachable 1.2 m (3.9′) straight cable, accessories included: protective carrying pouch and 6.3 mm (1/4″) screw-on adapter
Specs: over-ear, closed-back design, dimension: 10″ x 8″ x 2″, weight: 6.8 ounces, driver diameter: 40mm, frequency response: 5 – 35kHz, impedance: 32 ohms, sensitivity: 99 dB/mW, battery: DC 3.7V lithium polymer
Features: wireless, Bluetooth, playtime: 70-hours continuous, foldable & fold-flat design, dual-layer isolation structure, microphone
ATH-M40X – Key Features
- Circumaural design contours around the ears for excellent sound isolation in loud environments
- Cutting-edge engineering and robust construction
- 90° swiveling earcups for easy, one-ear monitoring
- 40 mm drivers with rare earth magnets and copper-clad aluminum wire voice coils
- Professional-grade earpad and headband material delivers more durability and comfort
- Tuned flat for incredibly accurate sound monitoring across the entire frequency range
- Detachable cable (includes 1.2 m – 3.0 m coiled cable and 3.0 m straight cable)
- Collapsible for space-saving portability
- For professional studio tracking and mixing, as well as DJ monitoring
Pros & Cons
- Clear Sound: The Audio Technica M40x provides clear sound. This headphone is perfect for sound monitoring.
- Extremely Comfortable: M40x has integrated with soft ear pads and headband, which is softer than previous models. Thus, you will feel the usual prolonged headphone pain, which oftentimes happens to low-quality headphones. It fits very well and is extremely light and firm.
- Extremely Durable: This headphone has been created from a pro-grade component that is extremely tough and durable. As a result, it will last longer.
- Perfect for Studio Monitoring: This headphone is integrated with swiveling earcups which make single-ear monitoring convenient. This can be utilized in all types of monitoring or daily use.
- Very Affordable: Compared to other brands of headphones on hand, M40x is extremely reasonable with compromise the quality of the sound.
- Traveling: Due to its folding and swiveling features, the Audio Technica M40x is an ideal travel buddy. It also comes with interchangeable wires that keep away tangling. This is also lighter than other models of headphones.
- Lack of Bass: Some users have complained about having lack of bass. However, compared to other brands it has amazing bass. Keep in mind that this is a studio monitor headphone; therefore you are getting eve sound.
- The earcups just swivel at 90 degrees: This is not a problem for some users; however, some stated that this is a minor drawback.
Audio Technica ATH-M40x – Final Verdict
With regards to the most excellent headphones for recording or mixing, lots of essential aspects are a matter of choice. The state-of-the-art Audio Technica ATH-M40x is well-rounded, reasonable as well as extremely highly rated. It doesn’t matter if you are a musical professional or an average music lover, the M40x can be a remarkable addition to your life.
Where to buy Audio Technica ATH-M40x
Audio-Technica ATH-M40X – Profession Studio Monitor Headphones:
Sports earbuds, built-in microphone, sweatproof ear-hook style, multi-functional in-line control, secure & ergonomic fit design, various compatible devices, 3-difference sizes of silicone tips (S/M/L)
More closed-back headphones:
Amazon Deals & Coupons
- Save With Amazon Coupons - Clip the coupon and add items to your cart (Discount will appear at the checkout)
- Amazon Renewed - Expertly refurbished products at great prices (All backed by the Amazon Renewed guarantee)
- Amazon Deals of the day - Find many items discounts now on Amazon
- All Headphones & Speakers - Deals now on Amazon