Audio Technica ATH-M40x Professional Monitor Headphones
- 1 Audio Technica ATH-M40x Professional Monitor Headphones
- 1.1 Who Can Buy Benefits from Audio Technica ATH-M40X?
- 1.2 Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Monitor Headphones
- 1.3 Audio Technica ATH-M40X – Product Description
- 1.4 Features
- 1.5 Specification
- 1.6 Audio Technica ATH-M40x – Pros
- 1.7 Audio Technica ATH-M40x – Cons
- 1.8 Audio Technica ATH-M40x – Verdict
- 1.9 Where to buy Audio Technica ATH-M40x
- 1.10 Other Closed-back Headphones
- 1.11 Headphones price range
If you’re considering shopping for new headphones, then Audio Technica M40x is a headphone model you may seriously consider opting for- most essentially if you’re keen on getting a model of headphone that can provide you with good value for your hard earned money. Read this Audio Technica ATH-M40X review to know if this product is perfect for you or not.
Who Can Buy Benefits from Audio Technica ATH-M40X?
This amazing headphone is ideal for editing, gaming, monitoring and mixing music, tracking church broadcasts, EDM, rock and metal, classical and jazz.
Audio Technica ATH-M40X – Product Description
The Audio Technica ATH-M40X series of headphones from Audio-Technica are turned even for extremely precise audio tracking across a lengthy frequency range. With this headphone, your studio experience is improved with amazing sound isolation as well as swivelling earcups for expedient one-ear tracking. Made with pro-grade components and vigorous construction, this unit excels in specialized studio tracking, mixing and DJ monitoring.
Audio Technica ATH-M40x – Design
The company have to cut corners anywhere for this unit, which include the variety. The Audio Technica ATH-M50X series is available in various color options, however, with regards to Audio Technica ATH-M40x, there’s just one available. This headphone has matter black finish with grey-silver highlights for the company’s logo.
Audio Technica ATH-M40x – Style
The state of the art Audio-Technica ATH-M40x headphones has an extremely modest studio style which may seem like a bit plain for some. This has all-black tone theme and the style is extremely the same to the previous model. However, they look amazing yet provide nothing wonderful with the style.
Audio Technica ATH-M40x – Comfort
It comes with huge cups that totally encompass your ears and don’t use too much force or pressure to your head. Also, they swivel that makes them so easy and stress-free to adjust. But the cushioning used is a rigid and screech when adjusting or moving the headphone on the head.
Audio Technica ATH-M40x – Stability
The state of the art Audio Technica M40X headphones is stable on your head. They aren’t made for sport, as there will be tendency of sliding off the ears when jumping or running. But, for a casual listening session, this will fit in place although you put this on, tilted as well as a bit further back than the usual. It comes with detachable wire for stability.
Audio Technica ATH-M40x – Sound-Quality/Performance
The major difference between the expensive M50x and M40x is the driver dimension. M40x has 400mm driver size, which is a bit smaller than the M50x that has 45 mm driver size. While this does not sound like an essential factor, however it really affects sonic signature.
One part where the small drive dimension makes a huge difference is certainly the bass, however that does not signify that M40x bass is very weak, it is strong but not that powerful as the previous model. In general, the bass isn’t an issue with this unit.
Mids is the range of frequency where lots of essential sound elements like vocals, guitars, live, therefore this is vital in studio monitor headphone, and this unit simply gets it right. It has accurate and clear midrange, with superb low-mid depth.
This headphone does a remarkable job of offering crisp and clear highs with amazing detail. You will hear harshness once it’s present in the mix, however, this headphone surely will not add any.
- Circumaural design contours around the ears for excellent sound isolation in loud environments
- Cutting-edge engineering and robust construction
- 90° swiveling earcups for easy, one-ear monitoring
- 40 mm drivers with rare earth magnets and copper-clad aluminum wire voice coils
- Professional-grade earpad and headband material delivers more durability and comfort
- Tuned flat for incredibly accurate sound monitoring across the entire frequency range
- Detachable cable (includes 1.2 m – 3.0 m coiled cable and 3.0 m straight cable)
- Collapsible for space-saving portability
- For professional studio tracking and mixing, as well as DJ monitoring
- Type: Closed-back dynamicType
- Magnet: Neodymium
- Diameter: 40 mm
- Frequency Response: 15 – 24,000 Hz
- Maximum Input Power: 1,600 mW at 1 kHz
- Impedance: 35 ohms
- Sensitivity: 98 dB
- Voice Coil: CCAW (Copper-clad aluminum wire)
- Weight 240 g (8.5 oz), without cable and connector
- Cable: Includes two interchangeable cables: detachable 1.2 m – 3.0 m (3.9′ – 9.8′) coiled cable and detachable 3.0 m (9.8′) straight cable
- Accessories Included: Protective carrying pouch, 6.3 mm (1/4″) screw-on adapter
Audio Technica ATH-M40x – Pros
Clear Sound: The Audio Technica M40x provide clear sound. This headphone is perfect for sound monitoring.
Extremely Comfortable: M40x has integrated with soft ear pads and headband, which is softer than previous models. Thus, you will feel the usual prolonged headphone pain which often times happens to low-quality headphones. It fits very well and extremely light and firm.
Extremely Durable: This headphone has been created from pro-grade component which is extremely tough and durable. As a result, it will last longer.
Perfect for Studio Monitoring: This headphone is integrated with swivelling earcups which make single ear monitoring convenient. This can be utilized in all types of monitoring or daily use.
Very Affordable: Compared to other brands of headphones on hand, M40x is extremely reasonable with compromise the quality of the sound.
Travelling: Due to its folding and swivelling features, the Audio Technica M40x is an ideal travel buddy. It also comes with interchangeable wires that keep away tangling. This is also lighter than other models of headphones.
Audio Technica ATH-M40x – Cons
Despite the many benefits, the Audio Technica M40x also comes with some drawbacks such as:
Lack of Bass: Some users have complained about having lack of bass. However, compared to other brands it has an amazing bass. Keep in mind that this is a studio monitor headphone; therefore you are getting eve sound.
The earcups just swivel at 90 degrees: This is not a problem for some users; however, some stated that this is a minor drawback.
Audio Technica ATH-M40x – Verdict
With regards to the most excellent headphones for recording or mixing, lots of essential aspects are a matter of choice. The state of the art Audio Technica ATH-M40x is well-rounded, reasonable as well as extremely highly rated. It doesn’t matter if you are musical professional or an average music lover, the M40x can be a remarkable addition to your life.
Where to buy Audio Technica ATH-M40x
- <<< Get further information and check price at Amazon >>>
- <<< Get further information and check price at eBay >>>
Other Closed-back Headphones
- Closed-back Headphones
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50X
- Sennheiser HD1 Wireless Headphones
- Ultrasone Signature Pro
- Ultrasone Edition 8
Headphones price range
- << Best Headphones under 100
- << Best Headphones under 200
- << Best Headphones under 300
- << Best Headphones under 500
- << Best Headphones under 2000