- TaoTronics SoundLiberty 88 Review – The Design
- TaoTronics TT-BH088 Review – Sound Quality
- SoundLiberty 88 – Features
- TaoTronics SoundLiberty 88 – Worth To Buy?
- Compare specs TaoTronics SoundLiberty 88 to Other Wireless In-Ear
- TaoTronics TT-BH088 Review – Pros & Cons
- TaoTronics SoundLiberty 88 Review – Final words
- Where to buy TaoTronics SoundLiberty 88
True Wireless buds are simply to find these days, but the best ones are not so readily available. Reviewing them one of our well-known posts of late and TaoTronics SoundLiberty 88 review is our today’s blog post. We have been using these small earbuds for the last 2 weeks and want to share our findings with you.
TaoTronics SoundLiberty 88 Review – The Design
One of our favorite design features of the Sound Liberty 88 is the similar thing I love about the 92 models: the buds don’t seal to your ear canal, same to the actual Air Pods.
This allows you to hear what’s going on around you, making them perfect for running near traffic or even during a workout when you need to know what a co-staff is trying to get your attention.
And while the TaoTronics TT-BH088 wireless earbuds share the same design as the Apple Air Pods, the stems are a bit thicker (but do not have the notch like Sound liberty 92).
They’re still extremely light and we find them super comfortable to wear for extended periods.
TaoTronics TT-BH088 Review – Sound Quality
It is barely audible with a fine kick and no rumble. Consequently, the mid-range does not sound as loud as it should. Though, the MIDS is the highlight of the earbuds. They are extremely clean and natural-sounding vocals are almost lifelike, but the absence of bass presence makes them sound a little off.
Regardless, these buds should be very good for podcasts and voice calls. Treble is smooth and forgiving. It rolls off fairly fast to remove any sign of sibilance. There is not much detail up on top, but the sound is airier than other opponent’s models. We cannot recommend these for just music lovers. They’re meant for taking phone calls, with only 1 frequency range where they fit.
SoundLiberty 88 – Features
- Touch Control – there’re no physical buttons on the TaoTronics SoundLiberty 88 earbuds, instead, every bud has a touch sensor that allows you to rapidly play/pause your track or adjust the volume level.
- Singe earbud use – like the Apple Air Pods you can use both or just 1 earbud. You can use either the right earbud or the left earbud by simply placing the unused bud back in the case and closing the lid.
- Ear Detection – taking either but out of your ear canal automatically pauses the track and automatically resume the track when you put the bud back in your ear.
- Water-resistant – the IPX8 water-resisting rating on the buds means that they can be submerged in water for short period, so they’d be fine for sweaty runs or workouts, it is still not a bad idea to wipe out them down in the wet cloth afterward as sweat can be corrosive. It is vital to note that the case is not waterproof.
TaoTronics SoundLiberty 88 – Worth To Buy?
These are the best value wireless earbuds for making calls. The mic is fine for the price, and the sound performance in this price tag amplifies the cleanliness of the vocals. You can also rest assure the buds can survive to go fully underwater.
Therefore, using them in a wet condition should not be an issue. There is also a factor of convenience. Having the play and pause feature and a fine amount of touch controls eliminates the reliance on your mobile continually. The battery life is more than good enough for an average person, with 5hrs of playtime on one charge and 20hrs with the case. If you truly turn up the volume level you might destroy the tank fast, but overall we hit this spot consistently.
Add that that endurance with the high power use and you can recharge up to 4 complete times for a total of 25hrs of tunes. Need to top of the TaoTronics SoundLiberty 88 earbuds charging case power cells? USB Type C on the board, but sadly no wireless feature available.
Compare specs TaoTronics SoundLiberty 88 to Other Wireless In-Ear
TaoTronics TT-BH088 Review – Pros & Cons
TaoTronics SoundLiberty 88 Review – Final words
Our final verdict after TaoTronics SoundLiberty 88 review: these buds have improved call quality over the other models thanks to ANC mics. For listening to music, the earbuds don’t disappoint and are the best alternative to the Apple Air Pods. The open design lets you what to hear what’s going on around you and you can utilize 1 bud at a time if you wish.
Where to buy TaoTronics SoundLiberty 88
TaoTronics SoundLiberty 88:
Smart Noise Reduction for clear calls, strong bass, water-resistant IPX8 level
25 hours playtime (with the case), superior sound stereo